Saturday, January 3, 2009

Life In Pajama Pants

Karla and I took the previous week off and it has been a good one. I have left the house a total of three times and my uniform has been a pair of pajama pants and hideous house shoes. I did not intend to create a fashion trend with this outfit, it was just something comfortable that I enjoy wearing. For the first time in my life, I have a beard. I made a commitment to not shave over this vacation, and it will remain in place until I come back from Miami. I do feel a little self conscious about it because I am the only one that seems to notice. When I complete my beard, pajama pants and house shoes ensemble with an old hoodie, I have to be careful about going outside because my outfit also seems to be the same one mental patients wear. I worry that a rubber truck will drive up the house and take me to a nice quiet hospital where I’ll be taught to crochet with rubber implements, encouraged to sit in a circle with strangers and sip coffee out of a styrofoam cup while I am directed to talk about my problems. I am also concerned because my dear sister Eva actually sees people in the store in which she works wearing my exact outfit. These people led her to create the phrase “those are pajama pants, not life pants”. I do promise to eventually shave, don a pair of jeans and put some damn shoes on, but for now I am enjoying my Howard Hughes phase. In just a few days, Karla and I will be on a flight to Miami and I guarantee I won’t be wearing my pajama pants on the plane. The house shoes may be another story though.

Have a good day..

Trialdawg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you leaving for Miami?
Christie