Friday, April 4, 2008

Speed, Precision and Safer Barriers.

I jokingly refer to my love of NASCAR as "Watching Cars Go Around In Circles". This euphemism is a nod to the dolts who really believe that this sport is just that. This sport, and it is a sport, something I will be happy to argue with anyone at anytime, is so much about team work, strategy and precision. I use the word precision because I am continually impressed that a driver can go into a turn at over 200 miles per hour and repeatedly make the arc, hit the apex and emerge from the other side. It happens so frequently that some forget how much talent and team work it takes for success. Until something goes wrong, just like it did a few moments ago. Go watch Michael McDowell's crash in Turn one of Texas Motor Speedway during his qualifying run and you'll see what I mean. The best news is that he walked away.

No comments: