Friday, March 21, 2008

A Walking Tour of Dallas

KJ and I spent last weekend in Dallas with the Bee. I had planned to catch the Mavericks while I was in town, but I missed the game. There has been too much going on in my head over the past few weeks and so on Saturday, I eschewed the college basketball games and took a walk around Dallas to clear my head. It was fun to grab a camera and just take some pictures. Here are a few


This is a picture of Dealey Plaza where President Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963. This was taken from the south east Corner of the plaza. The grassy knoll is on the left side of the picture.

The south side of the School Book Depository Building.

The red building is the old Dallas County Courthouse, the modern white building in the background is the new Criminal Courts Building. I like the old one better.

Artistic, don't you think? OK, maybe not.


I walked around for hours and then decided to grab a bite to eat. This place has the best crab legs around.



The east facade of Union Station with Reunion Tower and our Hotel in the background.

I took over 100 pictures on Saturday, and learned something new about a city I've spent a lot of time in. It was a great weekend, I relaxed and I got to spend some down time with KJ and one of my favorite people to hang out with. I can't wait to do it again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a lot of fun! A very relaxing weekend. I'm glad you took those pictures to document it.

Heather said...

DUDE. I'm gonna need those pictures to further document our weekend with scrapbooking!! Seriously. Hand 'em over.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics! So jealous that I couldn't be there...