Thursday, October 2, 2008

An Hour and a Half Most Bizzare

I watched the vice presidential "debate" this evening. I have never seen anything like it. One candidate refused to answer the questions asked, and the other seemed to think he or she stumbled into a Texas livestock auction. I can't remember the last time I heard the word "maverick" as many times. I don't know anything more about these people than I did three hours ago. I've heard the words "phraseology", "entertaining" and "down home" from the commentators, but I haven't heard a single thing to comfort me that either of these folks could take over should the president die. I learned something useful though. If someone asks me something I don't want to answer, or something I don't have an answer for, I'll just talk about my state and use the words "Bless their hearts", "Maverick", and "Drill Baby Drill" over and over again.

I understand the value of a folksy manner. I've won many a jury trial with my folksy personality. I am not acting, that is who I am, and I've never used the real me to create a fraudulent copy that I use to my advantage. People can tell a fraud from the real deal. People can distinguish the real people from the actors. If we want to see actors, we'll go to the movies and we'll eat popcorn. I should've brought popcorn tonight because I felt like I was seeing two people acting like the people they wanted to be, rather than the people they actually were.

No comments: