Monday, August 11, 2008

The Dining Etiquette Of The Rainy Day

What a random day. I woke up early to spend the day, in it's totality, preparing for a jury trial tomorrow. Forty minutes later, I learned that the prosecuting attorney's Uncle committed suicide which put things off indefinitely. I feel sorry for my friend, because he is hurting, but I was also disappointed that I won't get to try this case tomorrow. What a let down. I spent another few hours at the office and then decided to bag the rest of the day and headed home where I was extremely unproductive today. I sat inside and watched the rain come down while reveling in the unseasonably cool temperatures. I certainly could have been more productive today, but I just didn't feel like it. Instead, I poked around the internet and watched television, in my bed clothes and in close proximity to my bed. This has been a Howard Hughes day for me.

I spent an entire hour watching Dining Etiquette videos. I was unaware that there is a fish knife. Not only do I now know that there is a fish knife, but I know where it should be placed on the table. I know how to use chop sticks properly, and the etiquette of same. I know the difference between Continental Dining and North American Dining and that students of one frown upon the other. Finally, I learned the boundaries of appropriate dinner conversations. As a result, I feel qualified to eat anything, with anything, anywhere and make interesting conversation while doing so.

Finally, I spent the remainder of the day looking at Fine China, Crystal, Flatware and fine paper products. I need these items for the imaginary dinner party that I've planned in my head.

Yep, its time to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: