Wednesday, July 23, 2008

BULLSHIT!

A few days ago, I spent 20 minutes with a fellow attorney in a different town who told me that he was taking a two week vacation to a place I'd never heard of to "find himself". I laughed, I couldn't help it. I told him that he didn't need to take a vacation to "find himself". I told him that he was in Oklahoma and that when he went to the place I'd never heard of, he'd be there at that time. The phrase "find myself" is a fraudulent term used to to imply that the trip was necessary or that his very mental health depended on it. Nobody needs to "find themselves". Unless you are clinically insane, or you're lost in a place where you can't get directions, you know exactly where you are.

I left the conversation with that attorney convinced that he knew exactly where he was and that he was unhappy with his place in life. I was equally convinced that he was actually telling me, I want a vacation, but I am unable to sack up and tell people that I am going to take one so I must assign it more importance than was due.

What a pussy.

No comments: